Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Transformation

All my Spirit dolls have in common basic elements, their faces are made with polymer clay, I use natural fibers and for the most part recycled fabric, I am always hunting for unusual textures, color and the kind of cloth that I can use in my dolls, it is for me almost a quest, I take the day off just to do what they call an "artist date" where I open myself to the magic of the hunt and I often find marvelous treasures to integrate in my little dolls. I remember while traveling, I had only 3 hours to show in Taos New Mexico, you can only imagine, I felt like time was running out on me, but I found shops I never had imagined, I purchased natural wool and amazing beads, trinkets and fibers...pure heaven. Talking about beads...well, I think I will leave it for an other entry. Here is a rather successful story, I needed to come up with a request for an Athena theme, and this is what resulted in one of the sweetest little dolls I have made. What it used to be a rather somber doll, is now a serene beauty, I think from time to time, we need to change our look on life, even my dolls agree with this. :)
After
Athena Totem Spirit
At my Etsy Store
Before

No comments:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger