Tuesday, November 13, 2007



Someone asked me to write an entry in my blogs about the difference between Spirit Dolls and Healing Dolls. I believe any form of art carries with it an element of healing. Creativity itself is born out of a need of self discovery and expression.

I have been painting for many years and from time to time I have felt "blocked", there is nothing I can do but wait for inspiration to come back. This is not the case with my Spirit Dolls, they are always there, ready to come "alive" and to touch my day with delight. Making art dolls is a wonderful practice, a meditation, and I dare say a door to levels of higher consciousness.

Art dolls, healing dolls or spirit doll shrines...they are all the same. They are "shrines" for focusing on wellness, they can be "charged" with good energy and intention, the best kind of healing. Being objects of decoration or a precious little helpers, these can become our personal icons that hold power, even if they are handcrafted with everyday objects they help us focus on the power of creativity...thus we are empowered to overcome negativity affirming that which is more precious than money, Creativity Itself is Magic, I believe it is well and alive in each and everyone of us, I kid you not, doll making can be a process that help you transcend many challenges, we just need to listen...allowing inspiration to flow.

There are times when this becomes a very emotional experience as I enter into a quiet space waiting for guidance. I believe there is great importance in accessing or inviting help from the spiritual dimension but this process can also be fun and a form of relaxation which also results in personal development and facilitates healing.

Dolls have been used as tools for healing from the dawn of time, you can find these little images in every culture and tradition. Take for instance the Cornhusk dolls made by Native Americans more than a thousand years ago.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Griselda, it is so good to find you again! we have not connected in awhile since SoulVision group is pretty much disbanded. your etsy store and dolls are Incredible! i found this link to your blog thru the GPP street team blog. your post on your muses has inspired me to seek out Charles de Lint. Thank you!

would you mind contacting me about a specially made healing doll? my 40th birthday is coming up and as a gift to myself, i would love to have one of your spirit filled healing dolls imbued with your blessed energy.

hoping you're well dear one.
with smiles,
Mija

Griselda said...

Hello Mija, what a great name you have...I guess we already talked about this before?
I would be delighted to make you a special doll.
I was heading to GPP to write about my other muse Frida Kahlo, I will get in touch with you soon.
Thanks for reaching out once more and for your kind comments.'
Hugs
Griselda

Griselda said...

Mija, I cannot find your email...wondering if you will come back her to respond. Send me an email will you?

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh my goodness! I love peacock feathers! This is so awesome!

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger