Saturday, December 04, 2010

WINGS FROM MY SECRET GARDEN





I have spent days trying to figure out the best way to create wings that will give my forest creatures a sense of timeless beauty.

Then, yesterday I received a letter from an artist, a doll maker who happens to own a painting I did many years ago of the redwoods, (this is another story which I will tell with her permission later on) she made a comment about my dolls... she said, their faces are so expressive! They seem so hold so much of the beauty of a world that is always changing and growing, I can see decay and life in them all at once! Just like the woods scene I have which you painted, actually.

What an amazing thing to observe, because I feel this way, I need my little dolls to convey the passing of time and the patina of decay is not always easy to create with new materials. That is why I have been playing with all kinds of techniques to make my wings old looking, other than burring them in the backyard, this will have to do for now ...laughs*

No comments:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger