Thursday, September 02, 2010




TREE DRYADS, SPIRIT ART DOLLS




These are my interpretation of Tree Spirits, In Greek mythology, the dryads were spirits in nature (female nymphs), who preside over the groves and forests.

Acording to the legend a dryad is born with a certain tree over which she watches. The lives of the dryads are connected with that of the trees; should the tree perish, then she dies with it.

Some believe that Dryads place gifts on a special branch alongside the pathways for individuals who love trees. Dryads clone themselves into these pieces of wood with the intention to help the human partner while at the same time to acquire the means to see the world without being rooted to the ground and to learn more about human evolution.


I love to think of my little Tree People as my contribution to those who love Mother Nature.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Griselda...beautiful...I have just gone through a bunch of your recent posts..and they are ALL beautiful, magical and so special..they all carry thier own little special magic weaved in their tiny souls..i love all your creations..shine on!
Victoria~

Griselda said...

Shinning on my friend, I appreciate your time and kind words, I hope your day is amazing and a weekend full of creativity too.

Sue said...

Griselda,

These little dryad spirit ones are
magically beautiful!

Hugs

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger